STI Poynton has a long and proud history of RF expertise.
With its core capabilities in design and manufacture of bespoke aerospace, defence and satellite communication products, the Poynton site has manufactured products for over 40 years delivering to worldwide customers.
Located in a secure facility, with an industrial heritage that includes Ferranti Electronics, Matra-Marconi, EADS Astrium and Airbus Defence & Space (ADS), we can take on the most demanding RF and electro-mechanical product realisation challenges.
STI Poynton offers design for manufacture, encompassing the development and documentation of critical manufacturing and test requirements from Line Replaceable Items to complex RF systems. Poynton has considerable expertise in RF terminal and sub-system testing including diagnostic capability, complex integration wiring, electro-mechanical assembly and operating with advanced carbon fibre structures.
All our test engineers are qualified to HNC or Degree level and are vastly experienced working on a wide range of RF, SATCOM and Defence EW products. Their expertise in testing complex bespoke products provides assurance to customers that their product will meet the requirements specified.
Adept in the development of ‘Special to Type Test Equipment’ (STTE) including Automated Test Equipment to meet the meticulous requirements of Satcom and Defence products, your precise test requirements can be catered for.
Our manufacturing and test capabilities in Poynton include:
- 59,000 sq. ft. factory dedicated to manufacturing, test and repair, with a further 4,000 sq. ft. secure storage facility
- Manufacturer of highly secure satellite communications equipment and specialist amplifiers and frequency conversion products
- Specialist knowledge and experience in development, assembly and test of terminals operating X, Ku and Ka band technologies
- Manufacturing work carried out by IAW IPC 610/620 operators
- Manufacture of all cable types (Mains, Data, RF, Coax and Semi Rigid)
- Manufacturing LRUs (Line Replacement Units) incorporating RF board manufacture
- Advanced box-build capabilities, including complex wiring and heavy metalwork
- Specialist spares and repairs
- Full rack wiring and integration
- Specialist test facility – RF Testing, Anechoic Chamber, EMC Chamber and Moog 6 Degree of freedom motion bed
- RF alignment and the use of applicable test and operational software programmes used in the testing of bespoke products
- 3 Phase 115V and 415V
- 240V and 115V Power Distribution Units (PDU), Power Selection and Distribution Units and Power Selection Boxes
- High voltage (TWTA)
- IP Configuration and network testing
- Configuration, test and repair of Windows based IT equipment (Servers & Laptops)
- CCNA trained
- RF tuning from VHF to Ka Band
- RF High power
- Anechoic chamber – antenna radiation patterns
- Powered thermal cycling
- RF Pulse Measurements
- Screening PCB’s over temperature
- Performing frequency hopping and FDMA testing
- EbNo Performance
- Firmware upgrades
- RF calibration
Terminals / Systems
- Antenna and ACU subsystems
- Single or dual antenna terminal testing from single to dual band variants
- Baseband system testing back to back or on an Over-The-Air link
- Moog 6 Degree of freedom motion bed
- Customer FAT and FAI tests
- Transmission licenses for OTA testing