To facilitate a seamless transfer to higher-volume production overseas, our modern facility in South East Asia has been built to match the capabilities of our UK base.
STI Philippines is located in a specialist secure site administered by the Philippines Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) in Cebu, where it holds ‘Pioneer’ status. Like our Hook facility, it specialises in surface mount assembly, through-hole assembly, test and box-build.
Strong links and daily communication with the UK facility using video conferencing and web-cams ensures that best practices are maintained across both sites. All our Operators are trained to IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 Class 2 and 3.
This facility serves multiple customers in Asia, USA, UK and Continental Europe spanning several industry sectors such as automotive, medical, industrial and consumer.
Our Philippines capabilities include:
- Surface Mount assembly – Using ASM Siplace pick-and-place machines, we can place down to 01005, 0.25mm BGA, to 30um accuracy. We have three lines composing of the D-Series and ultra-fast X-Series. The SMT facility will run 6 days a week, 24 hours a day, when required, giving a capability of nearly 5 million components per day
- Conventional through-hole assembly – Our flow lines are capable of running 6 days a week, 24 hours per day. IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 Class 2 and 3 standard. We have lead-free and tin-lead capability
- Wavesolder – Capability in lead-free solder alloy
- Test – The test facilities in Cebu include Takaya roving probe, bed-of-nails ICT, bespoke functional test solutions and National Instruments PXI
- Box-Build and Test – Medium to high-volume assembly and test. Bespoke cells are designed and laid out to provide the best process flow for each product
- Special Processes – Operators have been trained in the UK facility to IPC-7711/21 standards. The Cebu facility has BGA removal, replacement and reballing capabilities with CT scanning x-ray
- Coating and Encapsulation – We handle a large variety of materials that can be conformal coated or encapsulated. We can design a process to suit the needs of the product